The Vale of Glamorgan Council is proposing to build a new 210 place primary school in Rhoose and relocate Llancarfan Primary School – meaning closure of a School that has existed in the village since 1875.
THE CONSULTATION HAS NOW BEEN RE-OPENED – PLEASE ENSURE YOU RESPOND TO THE NEW CONSULTATION BY 9TH JULY 2018.
View the Llancarfan Primary School Parents Survey results here
The findings speak for themselves in terms of counteracting the council’s arguments that all current children at Llancarfan Primary will transfer to the new school and that the only reason for parents choosing the school is the Cowbridge catchment area.
This survey is robust, has been completed anonymously by parents, has a very good response rate and was conducted with scrupulous fairness to ensure the results are an unbiased reflection of parents’ views.
YOU CAN HELP SAVE THE SCHOOL BY:
- Responding to the consultation at https://www.snapsurveys.com/wh/s.asp?k=152664323322 by 9th July 2018
- Attending the Council ‘Parents and Community Drop-in Session’ at Llancarfan Primary School on Wednesday 20th June 2018 (9am-11am, 3pm-7pm)
- Writing individual letters/emails to all Vale of Glamorgan Cabinet members:
- Cllr Andrew Parker AParker@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
- Cllr Gordon Kemp firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Geoff Cox email@example.com
- Cllr John Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cllr Hunter Jarvie email@example.com
- Cllr Bob Penrose BPenrose@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
- Cllr Jonathan Bird firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB: all are Conservative except Bob Penrose who is Independent)
- Signing the online petition at https://chn.ge/2uJXQ02
- Join the community Facebook group for the latest updates and documents
You can find out more about the proposals via the link below.
Thank you for your support.